Sunday, July 29, 2007

Stellas 4th Birthday

Very quiet here as I remember four years ago tonight, I was already checked in the hospital, had been given cervadil to induce labor and was half way watching a movie and half way trying to sleep. It wasnt until 2:30 I felt contractions and at first in all my grogginess I thought I was ill and had to use the bathroom. I def wasnt prepared for the pain I had until I did get the epidural. I just thought I was going to get an epidural and that would be that. I didnt know I would have to wait until 5:30 am to get it, but when I did it was one of the biggest reliefs ever. My Dr woke me ap at 7 to tell me to get ready, he was going to get a cup of coffee. He came back, a couple of pushes later and Stella Rae was born at 7:50 am. That was it. Very blessed.

Her birthday party was yesterday. It was def a hit. Everyone had a good time. I barely took pics, but I have a few. It was a Shrek birthday and boy did I prepare for it. I have a little projector and so I made a mural on paper the length of three long tables for kids to color. All Shrek characters. And the goody bags, I thought long and hard about those, I ended up sticking with the coloring theme, I drew shrek characters on all 30 of them and inside were crayons, a shrek coloring book, shrek M&Ms, Shrek light up rings and a few other Shrek items.
The face painter was fabulous, Amanda from Amazing Faces. She even brought her pet dragon, "spike" for the kids to pet. The waterslide was a hit, luckily there werent any major injuries to speak of. It was 17' high and Im amazed at how well all the kids did and the daredevils who were just flying and bouncing down it. Then there was the food. Gary got two 6' subs from Carmines. Yummy. We didnt think we'd finish, but hardly was any left and we sent that to the local police dept along with the other leftovers. We loved the cotton candy machine, the popcorn machine and of course chicken strips and a fruit platter for the kids. Then the 55 cupcake-pull apart Shrek cake. All gone.
I would say all in all, even the adults had a great time. The best part was that is wasnt at our house! LOL, we use the clubhouse. Guests started arriving at 11:15 and we got home at 4:40 after clean up.
SO...I know, long post, but for once I actually had something to say.
I will now look through some pics. I am secretly waiting for school to start so I can get some photoshop-ing done. Im actually considering getting a project together. I would love to explore the idea of taking pic from my travels and also FL to put into a book. We will see. Just a thought...

Happy Birthday Stella Rae.

1 Comments:

At 12:16 PM , Blogger Susie PSU said...

I want pictures!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home