Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Again, here I am saying, "Its the 18th already?"
The big news? Gary moved back in! YAY! So I have been drowning in a sea of cardboard boxes. BUT with a smile.
Consolidating two households into one. Luckily, he has good taste, so we ditched alot of the older stuff.
I know, if you dont want people knowing your business, dont blog it right?
Well it has to do with my next topic:

Manners
Are manners old fashioned? Some days I feel like Im the only person alive with manners. Like things that I dont even have to debate or think about. Manners just come naturally. Thanks mom.

A family member (by marriage) had a wedding. Stella was invited to be in the wedding as flower girl. At the time, I was not with Gary, so there are a few gray areas. BUT when the wedding actually occurred, it was well known Gary and I were back together. So, I was not invited to the bridal shower. OK, no problem, she doesnt like me. But I sent a gift anyway. Did I get a "thankyou"? no. Looking back, I should have gone with my gut instinct and gotten her a scale.
So then the wedding. Am I invited? No. Even when my husband "asked" if I could attend. Nope.
So I did the "right" thing and still went along with Stella being in the wedding. I even picked up the dress.
Not a word from this girl. And when I spoke to her mother about being included in family occasions? "She is an adult, she makes her own decisions".
Now I know where this girl got her good manners from.

The good news? I have more appreciation than ever for the fantasic job my parents did raising me. And teaches me to be sure to teach Stella manners.

The best news, I dont know if I mentioned it, is that Gary moved back in. :)

Stellas 4th birthday is coming up on the 30th. Can you believe she will be 4? Shes been busy reading "Dick and Jane", and another favorite "Hop on Pop". She loves school and is already asking to go back.
Ok, Im off to make dinner. I didnt know I would be so happy to return to my wifely duties.....
But I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home