Monday, February 11, 2008

Baby Shower




OK, now that everyone knows Im not a puke blogger, I can tell you how it really is. There is a fine line between venting and telling the story of just what happened. I will do my best to just tell what happened.
So my sister-in-law had a baby shower. All was well, my mother-in-law came to town and it was the best visit with her I have ever had. I think its because Im more secure about my relationship with Gary. Its almost like nothing she said or did was going to burst my bubble of finally being happily married. It used to. I could tell some doozies, but I am def trying to keep the past in the past. So in that sense, all was well. 
Well, she threw the shower and it may as well have been another wedding. It was a couples shower for almost 50 people! So, I made the games, the prizes for the games, a candle favor for each person, a diaper cake, which was ok. A foot stool that said "Shayna" on it and my very favorite? I took white wood letters from Michaels, I bought scrapbook paper that went with the babys room and I traced the letters on the paper and then used a spray adhesive to make the paper stick to the letters. They turned out perfect, wish I had taken a picture of those... And then Aran from next door made all the pastries, and with that said, Ill show pics. 
OH! And Gary made brisket, I will put that recipe on next time....
"And what a wonderful time we had with such good friends and family, I couldn't imagine life without them!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home