Wednesday, January 31, 2007



Florida Perks


Ahhh, the perks of living in Florida. Beautiful weekend, loved the crisp weather, we actually had to wear sweaters this weekend. It was nice to break out our winter wardrobe for a few days.
Another perk is living far enough away, but close to Orlando enough to run up there for a weekend.
Gary was nice enough to surprise us Friday morning by telling us to pack our bags for a few days to play at Universal. I hadnt been there before, but highly recommend it over any of the Disney parks. Funny thing about Gary, most of the time I dislike that he doesnt tell me whats going on, on these occasions, its fun.
So we packed up and up we went to the Portofino Hotel, one of the three hotels on site for the Universal parks .This means we can take a ferry to the park from the hotel and best of all? We get the Express pass! Thats right folks we were the people you hate because there was no line for us! Thats big when you have a three year old. With this pass there is a special entrance that dumps you out at the front of the line. Yeah, we got some dirty looks, but anyone can get it when you stay at one of the hotels, and I saw signs that you could purchase it once you were in the park also...anyway.

My favorite ride? SPIDER MAN! That was the best. Its not one of those rides that goes up and down or round and around too much, you are in a car and it swivels around 3D scenes. Was Awesome. and you only have to be 40" to ride, so Stella went, but she didnt care for it.
Her favorite ride was The Cat in the Hat. This was funny. We went once, it was great, a car that rides through very animated scenes all the while the story is being told. Was fun, even for me, I love Dr Suess.
So the second time, Im watching Gary, not much going on by the look on his face. Stella still having a great time. And the third time I finally ask,
" Have you ever read 'The Cat in the Hat'?"
"no", he replied.
Ohhhhh, well this ride meant sooo much more if you knew the story, so needless to say, on Monday I went and bought him a copy of "The Cat in the Hat".
Garys favorite ride? The HULK roller coaster. He went 5 times the first day and I think 4 times the second day.
ewwwww, scary. He swears next time Im going on it.
So, such a good time, he bought us annual passes. Can't wait to go back.
I think it would be even more fun with friends. Hope that happens soon.
Im not surprised Garys favorite ride was a roller coaster...

1 Comments:

At 11:00 AM , Blogger Susie PSU said...

OOHHHH!! I want to go! I want to go! And, I want Thing 1 and Thing 2 t-shirts for the kids. How cute would that be for Halloween?
I'm glad you guys had a good time. I wish we lived in FL to go the parks with you. One day. Mikey is saving his dimes, nickels, pennies (any money he finds around the house) for his "trip to Florida". I don't have the heart to tell him he'll never have enough...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home