Thursday, January 11, 2007




So, my parents and I, (I meaning me and Stella) went to Florence SC over holiday to "look at houses". Well I knew they were going to buy, because they sold their house and had to be out in a matter of weeks. They knew basically what they wanted, and what neighborhood. (My dad has been researching this for probably a year, he is a good ol' boy that graduated from Clemson and wanted to return to his roots.) We looked at two houses, he had seen the second house before but it was under contract at the time. The contract had fallen through, so he basically looked at mom, she said "ok", and they signed the contract. Done. I have really enjoyed having them nearby, but this area IS expensive, so I don't blame them.

So, we spent New Years at Dave's house in Wilmington, NC, this is his new cat, "Pumpkin". At Dave's, dad watched three days of football, which I'm not complaining, but I needed a creative outlet. I mean, I didnt have internet, I had to do something. So I headed over to Lowes, got three gallons of paint and went to town on Dave's apartment. It looks great. I did different shades of browns for accent walls in his kitchen, living room, bathroom and his bedroom. It looks much nicer, not such a bachelor pad, and we had a great time doing it. Funny moment, Stella loved Pumpkin because she is a really friendly cat and would sit with her. Meeshi, our cat is moody and unfriendly. Stella has a yellow blankey, white blankey and a bear that she smells for comfort, here is a pic of the two sharing.
And here we are. Just like that. Dad is up in SC, closing on the house, waiting on the new appliances, the cable guy and all the furniture that is on its way. Mom is staying here, which is a total spirit lifter. Stella and I have been living by ourselves since May and I love having the company. Not to mention Stella is thrilled "Ghee" is staying with us, she loves doing puzzles, reading and coloring with mom. I guess I now become chopped liver...

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:46 PM , Blogger Mom said...

Hooray! Another blog to keep up with my family! I LOVE these things! If I ever figure out how to set my own up, you will die laughing at my pictures and comments! Can't wait for more pics! Love you guys! Mom

 
At 8:46 PM , Blogger Susie PSU said...

I second that. I love blogs, too - they are totally addicting. I just surf from blog to blog for hours. I suppose it is my reality TV on the computer...lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home